(3rd Edition)

By Johnny D. Hoskins , DVM PhD

• Publisher:
  • Number Of Pages: 594
  • Publication Date: 2001-03-15
  • ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0721676650
  • ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780721676654

Product Description:

Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge. Combination of state-of-the-art information from the first two editions and new information from the latest developments in clinical veterinary medicine. Serves as a quick reference and resource for those treating dogs and cats from birth to six months. Halftone illustrations. Previous edition: c1995.

Because this is a text for veterinarians or veterinary technologists, the book requires some level of medical terminology knowledge on the part of the reader. As a fairly new breeder with a scientific bent, I found this book extremely useful as a reference (note the term "reference" -- this is not a "Puppies for Dummies" book) as my puppies grew and developed. The chapter describing timing for physical and neurological development was particularly useful to me as a breeder in helping me assess if my pups were making normal progress. I have referred a number of breeders to this chapter. I had one very small neonate that required intensive nursing care on my part. The text got me up to speed on distinguishing serious from non-serious problems so that my emergency calls to the repro specialty clinic in the next state were fewer, focused and useful to me. (Yes, the puppy survived and is doing very well in both her obedience classes and her new home). I also found the book useful when I was ask to write educational materials on neonates for new breeders (as a member of a Breeder Education Committee). I have since used the book to "translate" to friends (breeder/puppy owners) what their vet is telling them about their puppy's health. I would recommend this book as a reference for any serious breeder who is breeding puppies for the long term. I found nothing in the lay library that comes close to the information found here on puppy pediatric issues. It's a unique and valuable resource, but probably only for the dedicated breeder or vet who sees neonates (canines/felines).

Rar'd Book Marked PDF
45 MB, PW: vet4arab

Last edited by a moderator:
Back